January 04, 2005

A Tribute

Today, today... everyone is back to office after the long holiday break. My boss, who's back from India, Madras, shared how he was walking along the same stretch of the beach just a day before the tsunami disaster. I remembered sms-ing him on Christmas Day to wish him merry Christmas, and received his reply. I would never have thought that he was so close to danger. I thank God He protected my boss.

My colleague also shared how another colleague from the US (whom I know) was at Pi Pi Island on Christmas Day, also a day before the disaster. I thank God that He protected him too.

Yet another colleague shared about how her sister's family was supposed to go Phuket for holidays, but couldn't get hotel accommodation. As a result they did not go. Thank you Jesus, You protected them.

We did have a colleague from Singapore who perished in Phuket. Her husband & 3 children are yet to be found. We didn't know her personally, but we were sad when we received the news internally. I pray that she would rest in eternal peace in the loving arms of our Father & our Lord Jesus Christ. I pray for miracles for her family. I pray for God's shalom peace, strength & emotional healing upon her loved ones. To you, my colleague, whom we've never met before, here is my tribute, my prayer. May you rest in peace.

In John 10:10, Jesus said, "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." The devil, the thief, came to take away life. But Jesus Christ is the Life-Giver. He came, to give LIFE.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kabe said...

Hmm... sad to hear the news of your colleague whom you have never met before... Nonetheless, God protected the rest and many others too (i believe).

Thanks for sharing John 10:10, indeed our God came to give life and life more abundantly. Praise Him always !

January 05, 2005 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home