February 24, 2005

aspiring

This week, the finance people in my company, including me... are busy with forecasting. Forecasting is a big task for us. It’s tedious, mind-boggling, involving lots of calculations, with a few major rounds of revisions plus lots of minor revisions. No joke. My company has a fanciful name for our forcasting process – ASPIRE. What a name, it’s more like we do until perspire.

On a positive note, I certainly learn more about the business, products & market trends through this exercise. And stronger teamwork.

Hope we won’t expire by the end of the forecasting process... hahaha ok ok I bind that. My God's grace is sufficient. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kabe said...

ASPIRE vs PERSPIRE.. hahaha.. interesting ! My company is also in the process of budgeting and forecasting as well..like you said, tedious process and have to go thru' lots and lots of revisions... one minor change in a single worksheet, and you need to check and make sure that all the rest of the other worksheets are changed too (altho' most of the time they are linked via formulas)... BUT GOD'S GRACE IS SUFFICIENT ! Claim that sister !

February 25, 2005 8:43 AM  
Blogger alwaysane said...

I'm glad I'm not in finance. I don't aspire to look at numbers and certainly not perspire when doing it. Out.

February 28, 2005 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home