February 07, 2005

work tales

It seems ages sinces I last post - I'm back :) Glad that my bloggie & non-bloggie friends are all doing fine.

Because this week is chinese new year holidays, everyone seems to be busy with all kinds of stuff. Today, my boss has given me the magnificent task of finishing a whole week's work in 2 days time. I feel so honoured. He merely said, "Can I have this 50-page management report, say, this friday?" "Oh, why not." I said. At the back of my mind, this question "Do I really have a choice???" is ringing real loud.

As if that wasn't enough, boss came to me later & said, "Can we review the draft tomorrow afternoon?" I almost stared at him. Aren't we on half-day tomorrow? Have the rules changed? I am supposed to have reunion dinner at home right, not in the office I think.

Ok I know he don't mean to make me work through the holidays. It just happen that there is a business review meeting next week & the big bosses need the management reports to be ready by end of this week. There are timelines to meet. And he does understand & appreciate the efforts we put in. So, no I won't stone my boss.

Just a little episode at work today. God bless bosses.


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

haha... same same ah.. i also have business plan to finish by this sunday too.. it seems like a lot and a lot of work to be done on it, need to do market research and stuff (and next few days is holiday, where have staff in the offices to help in my market research).. and i have barely started on it!!!! *screams*

February 08, 2005 12:37 AM  
Blogger Kabe said...

Hey hey, as i read your blog, i can almost feel the "anguish" and "frustration" underneath.. haha.. but at the same time, i can sense God's shalom peace and rest in it as well ! Way to go sister and like what your said, "God blesses bosses" !

February 14, 2005 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home