weekend rendezvous
I just came back from KL for a weekend trip. It was a last minute decision, because 2 of my friends from Taiwan were going Malaysia for a meeting, so me & another friend decided to just meet them at KL over the weekend. We booked tickets & hotel only 3 days before the trip, and didn't have an itinerary before we left. But I must thank God that everything actually turned out well. We were staying at a hotel in the city center area. Sungei Wang & Lot 10 shopping centers are just next door & Berjaya Times Square is within walking distance. So, yes, we shop till we drop. It would be injustice not to shop when God placed us so close to all the shopping complexes.
Apart from shopping we visited quite a number of places. KLCC & Petronas Twin Towers, KL Tower to see the city skyline at sunset, Chinatown, and guess what, we went up Genting highlands for a day trip! It was an eye-opener for me, especially taking the cable car... it was so high up... and on the way up, the driver who drove us there was telling us some "horror" stories that if the wind was too strong, they would stop the cable cars, so the cars would be suspended in mid-air until the wind becomes less strong. It happened to him once, and he thought he was going to take off... so he told us. Ok, what a thing to hear when I was in the cable car. But I'm still glad I went, we saw the casino, the theme parks, and the shopping complex, it was really huge. I am impressed. I am going back there again.
Does it sound like I'm doing some tourism advertising for my neighboring country here? haha! All in all I thank God for wisdom, favor & protection upon us in this trip. Even though without much planning, it turned out much better than what I'd expect. I am glad! :)
Apart from shopping we visited quite a number of places. KLCC & Petronas Twin Towers, KL Tower to see the city skyline at sunset, Chinatown, and guess what, we went up Genting highlands for a day trip! It was an eye-opener for me, especially taking the cable car... it was so high up... and on the way up, the driver who drove us there was telling us some "horror" stories that if the wind was too strong, they would stop the cable cars, so the cars would be suspended in mid-air until the wind becomes less strong. It happened to him once, and he thought he was going to take off... so he told us. Ok, what a thing to hear when I was in the cable car. But I'm still glad I went, we saw the casino, the theme parks, and the shopping complex, it was really huge. I am impressed. I am going back there again.
Does it sound like I'm doing some tourism advertising for my neighboring country here? haha! All in all I thank God for wisdom, favor & protection upon us in this trip. Even though without much planning, it turned out much better than what I'd expect. I am glad! :)


3 Comments:
Gentings ! I want to go too....remember to call me along ! hee hee.. i love the cable cars.. so shaky... and all dependent on that wire up there... arrgghh,, love the excitement & thrill.. hee hee... i must be "mad"...
i've never taken the cable cars there before.. the last time i went up to genting highlands was when i was in primary school! haha.. but i think i took the bus up. i still remember i was wearing this really sweet pink winter jacket (blue on the inside) with hood some more and matching track pants. took a photo of me and my sis on one of those outdoor shelters outside the hotel with the mist as our background.. she was wearing a similar one but the reverse colors (blue on the outside, pink on the inside).. add that with my cherubic rosy cheeks.. so CUTE!! :p
I enjoyed myself! Genting is cool... weather, shopping, fun... everything is cool..! :) Kasumi, I'll call you next time but I don't want to remember your comment when I'm taking the cable car, scary.. hee :p
Post a Comment
<< Home