April 15, 2005

blessings!

Recently I'm counting my material blessings, and I realize that I'm so blessed! Since last year, it's been like my heart's desires to have 1) an MP3 player, 2) a new handphone, 3) a digital camera. Haha! Sounds greedy huh. I am not really a tech-gadget person, but I feel that these are things that will "enrich" my life lor, haha... Now I didn't pray day and night for these things. I hope to have all three but I don't want to spend thousand over dollars on them. But God is just sweet! He knows our hearts' desires & He loves to see that smile on our faces when we receive from Him.

So late last year, out of the blue I received an Apple iPod that comes as a free gift! Later as I understand it, the free gift was supposed to be an iPod mini & it was wrongly printed as iPod. But then the company honored what they had promised & so I got my iPod. Praise God! It came so supernaturally I almost couldn't believe it.

Then last month, there was an IT show going on & there I got my very first digital camera, a Panasonic FX-7 5.1MP camera. I like to think that this camera is a dream of many as it is compact & yet packed with features which I find friendly & easy to use. The screen is huge, 2.5". The pictures are super crispy clear & I am very very impressed with the mega OIS function which acts as double stability for taking pictures. It is the best thing about this camera! No more worries about how your hands may shake while taking pics. This camera is a dream come true for me & I thank God for it & for the means He has given me to own it.

And then, 2 weeks ago, He blessed me with a really good deal for my latest handphone, a Nokia 6020, for less than $100 bucks. Oh mann, some shops are selling it for over $300! Without contract it is $500+. It is quite a simple phone for simple ppl like me but it comes with camera & video recording function. And the phone is tri-band, which is something I'm looking for. Now you must understand that after buying my digital camera I kinda felt a little "less rich" & I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a phone. But I want it to come with a camera, hehee (greedy huh, again). And so when I found out about this deal, I was really happy. I got a phone that meets my needs & I saved quite a bit of money!

So yeah, in 4 months' time, I have got all these material blessings. And I thank my Father for them. It just reminds me of Psalm 37:4 to delight yourself in the Lord & He will give you the desires of your heart. And my Pastor always say when you run after God's righteousness, His blessings run after you. I don't understand a lot yet but God has been blessing me already. My Father is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home