April 15, 2005

run lah

I went to MacRitchie Reservoir for a 4.2 km run with my colleagues this evening, and I'm glad I made it successfully! :p Praise God. I have never run that long distance in the past & so I'm really happy that I can complete it. Boy, it's been years since I last ran in MacRitchie. But the jungle is pretty much the same, the monkeys are still there too, haha... we went there for a "trial-run" as my company will be having a cross-country run at MacRitchie this saturday.

I signed up for the run because I have been lazy for too long, not exercising. And I don't like that lethargic feeling. I used to run in the gym but running outdoors feels very different. Terrain, weather, the air, all different. But I realise that running outdoors is fun in its own way. I enjoy the sceneries, the sweating out, and also the team spirit which is a great source of encouragement. After starting to run outdoors, now when I think of running on a treadmill, it feels like a hamster to me, haha.. oops gym fans pls don't be offended...

Anyway, it really feels gooood to be exercising. You feel more alive & you sleep better, really. And I begin to genuinely enjoy it & not doing it because I have to. I hope to keep this momentum going & continue exercising after the cross-country. Oh God, please help me not to be lazy... and bless us with good weather & a great time this saturday. Thank you Daddy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home