sin city
Walk down the right back alley in sin city and you can find anything... ha! what a movie. I heard about this movie in May but I didn’t know how horrifying it will be, given the name. Wanted to watch but was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews. But then, I think, no scared, at most I close my eyes if it is grossly (is there such a word..) unbearable. It’s ok. So I watched with my colleagues.
And it turned out – not very scary leh. In fact we find some of the scenes quite funny… :) The movie is in black & white most of the time. There is blood spurting out but with all sorts of colors like white & yellow (don’t you think this is funny already..?). It looks more cartoon-ish than scary. There’s interchanging between the cast & their cartoon characters. The plot: 3 seemingly different stories but only the ending tells you how they intertwined with each other.
Of course, for a movie like this, there are some crooked perverse characters. For the violence, if you have watched Kill Bill, I think this one is a close fight. This movie is certainly not for the under-aged though. Watch with maturity… :)
And it turned out – not very scary leh. In fact we find some of the scenes quite funny… :) The movie is in black & white most of the time. There is blood spurting out but with all sorts of colors like white & yellow (don’t you think this is funny already..?). It looks more cartoon-ish than scary. There’s interchanging between the cast & their cartoon characters. The plot: 3 seemingly different stories but only the ending tells you how they intertwined with each other.
Of course, for a movie like this, there are some crooked perverse characters. For the violence, if you have watched Kill Bill, I think this one is a close fight. This movie is certainly not for the under-aged though. Watch with maturity… :)


2 Comments:
haha.. then maybe i'll watch.. machiam like kill bill vol 1 with all that funny colours, 2D & 3D.. not surprised to see a bit of these elements in this movie.. robert rodriguez (main director of sin city) and quentin tarantino (director of kill bill) are good friends, a bit like a shifu-student relationship.. in fact, tarantino directed some parts of this movie. their styles are similar...
grace,,,,I was not real crazy about "Sin City" but it may be due to being very familiar with Frank Millers original work...He is a bit dark for my taste
Post a Comment
<< Home